To receive a library card, you must provide a photo ID and complete an application form. Children under the age of 12 must have a parent/guardian present in order to issue a library card to them. Any person over the age of 12, who does not own an ID, can have a parent vouch for him/her. The person getting the library card must be present at the time the library card is issued. Library card applications can either be downloaded from this page or obtained at the front desk of the library.
The library catalog is located at http://search.ccfpl.org/. From the catalog, you can view your account, renew items, view blocks on your card, verify your address, and see and place holds on materials owned by any public library in Centre County.
If an item is available at a location other than your home library, simply place a hold and request to pick the item up at your home library. Holds may be placed in person, by phone, or through the web catalog. There is no fee for this service. We strongly suggest you sign up to receive email notices for your requests. This will allow us to process your request more quickly and will save paper.
- Click on the My Library Account button at the top of the website.
- Enter your library card number (the 14-digit number beneath the barcode) and pin # (If you do not know it, call the circulation desk for your main library, listed below).
- Click on Items Out.
- Select the items you want to renew, and click the Renew button.
- Please make sure the due date changes. If it does not, contact the circulation desk for your main library.
Circulation desk numbers:
For your convenience, a book return is located at each library location. Library materials can be deposited at any book return at a public library in Centre County at any time of day. Materials must be returned to one of our locations on the date due or a late fee will be assessed.
To review a list of frequently asked questions about our downloadable ebooks and audiobooks, go here.
The Centre County Library & Historical Museum owns the following audiovisual equipment to loan to library card holders with accounts in good standing:
- DVD1 (39241502591121) – player, remote, cables, instructions, black case.
- DVD2 (39241502591139) – player, remote, cables, instructions, blue box.
- Slide Projector (39241502591113) – projector, tray, bulb, black case.
- Screen1 (39241502591147).
- Screen2 (39241502591154).
- LCD Projector (39241502759108) – projector, remote control, power cable, DVI-USB cable, black case.
All items all have a free of charge 3 day borrowing period with a $15 per day per item overdue fee. Renewals are not allowed. AV equipment may be reserved ahead of time by contacting the Adult Services department in the library.
Patrons may only check out AV equipment if all fines and fees are paid, there are no restrictive notes on their account, and contact information (including at least address and phone number) is updated.
Upon return, if the item(s) are determined by the library staff to be damaged or parts are missing, circulation staff will follow the damaged items procedure and send item back to the Adult Services department.
To reserve a projector or get more information, call the circulation desk at Bellefonte at 814-355-1516.
Centre County Library provides proctoring services with a charge of $15 per exam. In addition, if the exam must be returned by mail or fax, the student is responsible for any fees incurred. Faxing will be a charge of $.50 per page. If there are any special services or computer programs required for the exam, please inform the library at time of registration. To request a proctor, please fill out the following form.