- Borrowing a projector
- Donating to the Library
- Downloading Audiobooks and E-books.
- Finding the Bookmobile Schedule
- Getting a Library Card
- Placing an Item on Hold
- Programs at the Library
- Renewing My Materials
- Requesting a Book for Purchase
- Requesting an exam proctor
- Reserving a Meeting Room
- Returning Library Materials
- Searching the Library Catalog
- Special Services Provided
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Genealogy and local history resources.
The Centre County Library & Historical Museum owns the following audiovisual equipment to loan to library card holders with accounts in good standing:
- DVD1 (39241502591121) – player, remote, cables, instructions, black case.
- DVD2 (39241502591139) – player, remote, cables, instructions, blue box.
- Slide Projector (39241502591113) – projector, tray, bulb, black case.
- Screen1 (39241502591147).
- Screen2 (39241502591154).
- LCD Projector (39241502759108) – projector, remote control, power cable, DVI-USB cable, black case.
All items all have a free of charge 3 day borrowing period with a $15 per day per item overdue fee. Renewals are not allowed. AV equipment may be reserved ahead of time by contacting the Adult Services department in the library.
Patrons may only check out AV equipment if all fines and fees are paid, there are no restrictive notes on their account, and contact information (including at least address and phone number) is updated.
Upon return, if the item(s) are determined by the library staff to be damaged or parts are missing, circulation staff will follow the damaged items procedure and send item back to the Adult Services department.
To reserve a projector or get more information, call the circulation desk at Bellefonte at 814-355-1516.
To make a monetary donation in any amount, you may use our convenient paypal donation link on top of the sidebar. If you would rather speak with someone in person, contact the administration office at 814-355-1516 x216 or download the donation form from the link below to make a tax deductible donation to your local library banch.
The Centre County Library System gladly accepts, and is grateful for, unconditional gifts of books and audio or visual materials. In accepting gifts, the following stipulations will apply:
- The library reserves the right to decide if a gift will be added to its collection.
- The library reserves the right to sell, give to other libraries, or otherwise dispose of gift materials that are not added to the library collection.
- When materials are added to the collection, no restrictions on the library's use of the gift materials may be made by the donor.
- Gifted materials become the sole property of the library. They may not be reclaimed.
- Receipts for materials donated to the library will be provided upon request, but placing a value on the materials is the responsibility of the donor.
- We are unable to accept magazines, encyclopedias or condensed books of any kind.
- We are able to accept one bag or box of like-new items per patron per week.
To review a list of frequently asked questions about our downloadable ebooks and audiobooks, go here.
The Centre County Library Bookmobile serves all of Centre County through various stop locations. It is a full-functioning library on wheels!
The complete schedule is available online or at any Centre County Library location.
To receive a library card, you must provide a photo ID and complete an application form. Children under the age of 12 must have a parent/guardian present in order to issue a library card to them. Any person over the age of 12, who does not own an ID, can have a parent vouch for him/her. The person getting the library card must be present at the time the library card is issued. Library card applications can either be downloaded from this page or obtained at the front desk of the library.
If an item is available at a location other than your home library, simply place a hold and request to pick the item up at your home library. Holds may be placed in person, by phone, or through the web catalog. There is no fee for this service. We strongly suggest you sign up to receive email notices for your requests. This will allow us to process your request more quickly and will save paper.
Computer orientations, book discussions, writers' groups, reading programs for all ages, programs for parents, story times, and school programs are offered throughout the year.
Please contact the library to make arrangements for tours and programs for your group.
- Click on the My Library Account button at the top of the website.
- Enter your library card number (the 14-digit number beneath the barcode) and pin # (If you do not know it, call the circulation desk for your main library, listed below).
- Click on Items Out.
- Select the items you want to renew, and click the Renew button.
- Please make sure the due date changes. If it does not, contact the circulation desk for your main library.
Circulation desk numbers:
If you would like to suggest materials for the library to purchase, please fill out our online Suggestion for Purchase form.
Please check the catalog before requesting materials. If we already own something, you can place a hold from there.
Centre County Library provides proctoring services with a charge of $15 per exam. In addition, if the exam must be returned by mail or fax, the student is responsible for any fees incurred. Faxing will be a charge of $.50 per page. If there are any special services or computer programs required for the exam, please inform the library at time of registration. To request a proctor, please fill out the following form.
Centre County Library & Historical Museum has two meeting spaces; one at our Bellefonte location, and one at our Philipsburg location. In order to reserve a meeting room, follow the link to fill out our online reservation form.
For your convenience, a book return is located at each library location. Library materials can be deposited at any book return at a public library in Centre County at any time of day. Materials must be returned to one of our locations on the date due or a late fee will be assessed.
The library catalog is located at http://search.ccfpl.org/. From the catalog, you can view your account, renew items, view blocks on your card, verify your address, and see and place holds on materials owned by any public library in Centre County.
Individuals who are homebound may register for Library By Mail. Large print books and books on tape/CD are also available. Please contact the Library at 814-355-1516 for more information
Interested in volunteering at one of the Centre County Library & Historical Museum locations? Fill out the Volunteer Application Form!
The Pennsylvania Room has a specialized collection of more than 3,000 volumes on state, local, and family history, as well as original Centre County records, newspapers, patron-provided manuscript genealogies, vital record indexes, and database and paper indexes to Centre County marriages and newspaper obituaries.
For more information, visit our Pennsylvania Room page at http://centrecountylibrary.org/library/pennsylvania-room