The POWER Library is a service of Pennsylvania's public libraries, school libraries and the State Library. The POWER Library provides access to thousands of full text periodical articles, newspapers, a major encyclopedia, plus photographs, pictures, charts, maps, and reference materials for people of all ages.
Search countywide for health and human services.
Download audiobooks & ebooks to your computer, e-reader and/or mp3 player.
Chat with a librarian 24-hours/day, 7 days/week.
Centre County Library is pleased to announce that we are participating in Webucator’s Library Partner Program.
Webucator provides many online self-paced courses on Web Development, Microsoft, Adobe, Java and more, completely free for our library cardholders. All you need to get started is the Webucator voucher code found below.
You can take free Webucator courses on:
- Microsoft Technologies and Software
- Adobe Software
- Web Development Technologies
- Mobile Web Development
- Mobile App Development
- SQL and XML
- And much more!
Course Content Includes:
- Presentations: Watch interactive video presentations from an expert instructor who walks you through the content of the course.
- Readings: Course content is introduced with concise, easy readings.
- Exercises: Real-work exercises enforce the learnings from the presentations and enable you to test your knowledge.
- Quizzes: Quizzes are scattered throughout the course to reinforce important concepts and lessons.
Choose any of Webucator’s self-paced courses.
Click ”Buy Now” or “Order Now”.
At the billing form, choose ‘Webucator Vouchers’ as your method of payment and enter the code:
Please note: you can register for as many courses as you would like. After registering, you will receive an email telling you how to access the course and a student portal, where you can track your progress through each course you sign up for.
Note: You must be 13 years of age or older to register for online courses. Please have parents or legal gaurdians register for children under the age of 13.
EnvironmentalScience.org is the ultimate guide to everything you need to know about starting your career as an Environmental Scientist. They offer information on all aspects of becoming and working as an Environmental Scientist, including:
- Average Environmental Science Salaries for different professions
- Common Work Environments
- Completing Education Requirements
- Finding the Right College Program
- Environmental Scientist Job Possibilities
With more adaptive technologies and progressive legislature, prospective college students with disabilities have countless resources available to make the transition to higher education less stressful. This guide was created to help these students and their families better understand the resourcesavailable to them. Key elements of the guide include:
- A comprehensive overview of the various cognitive, physical, or other types of disabilities students face while attending school
- Reviews of several technologies and advocate groups available to students who face various disabilities, such as ADD, autism and more
- Tips and resources to help students transition from college to career
The mission of the Centre County Federation of Public Libraries is to provide the best library service to every resident of Centre County. The Federation was created in 1990 to improve library services through coordinated efforts among the public libraries in Centre County.
Centre County Library & Historical Museum - Serving the residents of Centre County with locations in Bellefonte, Centre Hall, East Penns Valley, Philipsburg and the Bookmobile
Schlow Centre Region Library - Serving the the residents of College, Ferguson, Halfmoon, Harris, Patton Townships, and the Borough of State College.
In-Library Use Only:
Ancestry.com extensive genealogical information.