The Centre County Library Historical Museum is located on the second floor of the historic 1814 Miles-Humes house at 203 North Allegheny Street in Bellefonte. The museum is open to visitors whenever the Pennsylvania Room is open.
The Sieg Industrial Room
This space highlights on Bellefonte’s industrial history, and honors the memory of William P. Sieg, president of Titan Metal Company (later Cerro Corporation and then Bolton Metals, before closing in 2008); his son, William W. Sieg; and the Sieg Family. The Sieg Room was dedicated on June 24, 1989, after renovations funded by a generous grant from a group of former Titan employees, who also did much of the actual renovation work.
The Linn Room
This space honors the Linn family of Bellefonte, beginning with John Blair Linn, Secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and author of the 1883 definitive history of Centre County. Mary Hunter Linn, his daughter, was the first curator of this museum, and a bequest from her estate helped to fund the purchase of some of the items in this room. Some of the furnishings had been in the house on Allegheny St. where John Blair Linn grew up (now the Bellefonte Museum of Centre County).
The Textile Room
In this room, Centre County woven and quilted materials are displayed. It also features furniture pieces owned by local families, antique textile working implements, and a rare 19th century marquetry sewing cabinet.
The Community Heritage Room
This room contains various items from the Museum’s permanent collections. Currently, this room features exhibits on Civil War soldiers of Centre County, the local Quaker population and their connections to area Underground Railroad stops, decorative ceramic dinnerware (including several Centre County souvenir pieces), and a collection of local musical artifacts which includes sheet music, historic instruments, and band uniform pieces from various Bellefonte ensembles.